Sunday, March 23, 2008

The University strike

Ok as far as I have read and heard the strike of the University professors today was successful one,seriously all my twitter sources from inside the Universities across the Republic confirmed this.

Of course the heads of 18 public Universities refused the strikes , I am not surprised after all they were all appointed by the regime.

Here are the news of today ,I am still waiting to get some photos

  • The strike was successful a good number of professors and teachers have joined it .
  • There were several protests by the Students in both Cairo ,Helwan and Mansoura Universities.
  • The participation in the strike differed from faculty to another

Waiting for more updates

I just want to say that the official media ignored the event and claimed that the prime minister saved the day , also the weather today is terribly hot

94497440_decab009bb

3 comments:

  1. I am studying Computer Science at Cairo University, and I was just back from the faculty.

    Our faculty is off-campus, so there wasn't much security forces or anything like there was in the main campus, and the news of the strike wasn't known to some faculty members (Yeah, we kinda live in our own world :P)

    I don't have exact numbers, but some faculty members participated in the strike, mainly teaching assistants. But not as much professors participated as far as I saw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helwan Uni strike's photos are here
    check em out ...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/abna2masr/

    ReplyDelete
  3. @0xdeadbeef , yes your faculty is off the campus ,you are away from the noise in the main campus and faculty of engineering ,by the way most of the students in Cairo University did not know about the strike either , they did not care in fact it was not an opportunity to get way for some I know

    @Yassri , thanks a lot I will try to post them now

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.