Friday, June 6, 2008

This was not from 5 June 1967

Daily Al Masry Al Youm published a special report about the 41 anniversary of the six days war. I noticed something , it may be silly but I can’t go over it . I love photography and photos and I love to study the details of photos so much because I believe you can know a lot from it just by studying it.

In the online edition and also printed edition , they published a photo as a scene from the six days war “they even used this term as the caption “ .

I think this photo was not from the six days war 1967 but from the Suez War 1956 , with my all respect I saw many photos from both wars and I guess some of you know that due to my research about the POWs whether in 1956 or in 1967 , I saw sorry  studied many photos .

To prove my point please look to the photo

war photo

As you see those Egyptian soldiers were wearing winter coats , where as the Six Days war was in June 1967 , the Egyptian Soldiers were dying from heat and thirst.

If I am mistaken this photo was from the 1956 war aka the Suez war , it began on the 31st of October 1956 and it was the beginning of Winter in Egypt .

You can check here my posts about 1956 War “many mistakes in grammar” and the Six Days war.

Also again and again knock yourself out in the Egyptian POWs with two sections about the 1967 and 1956 wars

2 comments:

  1. I actually found this photo by searching "Syrian POWs" in google, and it was tagged both as Syrian soldiers in 1967, and in Yom Kippur war.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was in Golan, taken June 9th, 1967 and is of surrendering Sytian soldiers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.