Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Egypt today's Fourth faith

 Well most people seemed to forget about the Baha'I's in Egypt with all the internal and external jazz but other seem didn't forget and won't forget

A controversial report about the Baha'I in Egypt in Egypt's today , I found today while I was in my doctor's clinic , a long report with new interesting fact about the forbidden faith in Egypt , it was the only complete report I read it from the beginning to the end in ET, I don't usually read with that attention those English published Egyptian magazines because simply I believe that they don't represent the real Egypt or Egyptian or speak to them , try any English published Egyptian magazine and you will know what I mean

Anyway I found this report and read letter by letter , already you remember from couple of months in this blog I had coverage and also some sort of debate about the Baha'I's in Egypt .I notice some important points I must mention because I find it so interesting

  •  Most of the interviewees in the report were ex-interviewees in "Sowat El-Oma" Baha'I's reports , I remember this report about the first Baha'I' marriage between an Ex-Christian man and an Ex-Muslim woman in El-Ismailiya, also some of them appeared in weal El-Ibrashi "The truth" TV Show , that woman "Wafa Girgis" appeared on the show, also her husband whom provoked many people I know
  • I read the report and I remember the language theory , my dear co-blogger Mokhtar El-Azizi was speaking about in BBC ,I can't say it is neutral or negative or positive, in fact I don't like the title itself "Fourth Faith" , already Egypt's faiths are three no one can argue in it , it is in the constitution

You can read it as you can from ET online

Link to et - Full Story

 Now to the content , the Baha'I's again ,well I admit that I must respect those people regardless of what I think about their faith ,I must respect their insist to be recognized in this country despite the refusal of both the Muslim side and the Christian side to their existence . Already I knew from the report that there will be some court verdict about the faith ID recognition on the 16/9 , that was from two days from writing down this post on the 18th , I don't recall that I found anything on the daily or party or independent newspapers about it , anyway with my all respect ,Egypt got enough terrible whether from the coming NDP convention tomorrow and its expecting disappointing terrifying decisions and results or whether from the Pope stupid provoking attack or whether from a terrible economic condition or ......etc.

Already the only time I read about the Baha'I's in Egypt from few months was from four days in "El-Masryon" newspaper which mentioned them as they were publishing the annual minorities report issued by the American department of State , you know this dirty annual report in which the U.S blackmail countries by it despite that Minorities in America got no better treatment ask the black people of New Orleans or ask the Muslim community . Egypt was criticized because of the so-called bad treatments to Christians ,Baha'I's and Shiites !! Egypt need to be taught a lesson

Some Historical facts ignored:

I believe if a regular visitor to this blog ,you would know that the owner of this blog is a history addicted in fact my nickname had a history " also my name" , this report mentioned some interesting facts on how the faith entered Egypt, yes it is mentioned that son of Mizarah came to  Egypt .......etc , but they weren't specific in details , now as Egyptian Chronicles always got the exclusive information ,here is a piece of information ,you may find it interesting.

In time of Khadavi Tawfik , one of Egypt's modern history hates personalities regarded as the traitor who helped the British army to invade Egypt in 1882 and destroyed the Orabi revolution and also imprisoned his own father Khadavi Ismail "not mentioned in the report", in that time El-Gulpayagani Effendi came to Egypt to spread the new faith , and to do so as mentioned in the report he disguised as A Muslim preacher coming from Persia to teach in Al-Azhar and he began to have followers from Al-Azhar students and afterwards he made those students to convert to his real faith , and they were 15 students,interesting , guess what the Egyptian government knew this and decided to put an end to that attempt of spreading Baha'I'sm in Egypt .

They arrested that Effendi crook ,I am sorry to call him that ,later I will explain why , and executed him with some of his followers ,the rest run away in Egypt or abroad. I call the Effendi as a crook because it doesn't need much brain to know that to enter Al-Azhar with a fake id to spread another faith by deception is a crook disrespectful act which if showed anything , show that Bah'I's were playing dirty ,very dirty , I don't  know about them now but thank God that People are more educated now , anyway I guess the execution of El-Gulpayagani Effendi or Basha may be the only good thing Khadavi Tawfik did in his life

Spreading the faith was the mission of Bah'I's in Egypt in old day and the ET report confirms this , it is enough to read EL-Babawy's confession "well I won't call it a confession because he seems to be honored to do so and that I don't like because the flute player dies and his finger still playing" that he was spreading the faith in south Egypt in the 1950s and that the National assmubly of Bah'I'sm sent to him monthly 50 Egyptian pounds , and guess what cover he took , he owned a Plumber shop , and if you read carefully you would feel that it wasn't his real job "again with deception", look also to the location of this disguised missionary south Egypt , where poverty is marrying ignorance till this day , not that only look to the monthly budget 50 pounds , do you know how much the value the Egyptian Pound was then ? it is enough to know that  the opening salary for a graduate was 12 E.P , in fact El-Babawy himself said in the report that 50 E.P then is equal to 5000 E.P now , can You imagine ? so what kind of plan ? and what kind of a board and wealth this assembly had at that time ??  Not to mention the technique having religous discussions with the customers

It looks like a plot to me , the location , the disguise ,the money it didn't change the mindset and techniques from El-Gabylawyi to El-Babawy

With my all respect to all those Bah'I's ,I don't want to go in another Bezante discussion ,this just something came to me and made me think

tags:, , , , , , , , ,

3 comments:

  1. Dear Zeinobia

    Here you go again writing about the faith. I didn't read anything from you since my last comments.

    I'm sorry that you do not know the difference between an established English speaking magazine like Egypt Today and ENIGMA. ET is more Egyptian than El Akhbar, and it speaks to real people from Egypt regardless of its language. You need to sink deeper into your subject matter instead of taking such hasty positions from them.

    I also expected from a "history addict" like you to know the basics of talking about history, which is mentioning your references. Where did you get this fiction story that is mixed with facts from?

    Allow me to set many things straight in your story. The Baha'i faith came to Egypt by Mirza Abu Al-Fada'el who did actually travel to the country commissioned by Baha'ullah. He mixed in Al Azhar with students and scholars and he taught the faith among them.

    Thank God that along its history Egypt never committed execution of any of the followers of the Baha'i Faith. It would have been a shameful act. Mirza Abu Al-Fada'el was not executed. Please refer to the Baha'i Resource library for more on this history.

    (question: if the guy who started it all was executed with his 14 followers. How come the faith still exists in Egypt?)

    Your comments about Mr. Bebawy (whom I know personally) are way off the mark. Disguised as a plumber? That's his line of business, selling plumbing supplies (like sallab) and his sons line of business. This is his job! If you teach Islam to your friends, is your job a disguise?

    You're talking about plots and plans as if you're dealing with a secret organization. Your conspiracy syndrome reached very high levels here.

    How do you expect anyone to believe that you "respect" the Baha'is when you've called them crooks, liars, cheaters, deceivers and you're cheering for their execution. Don't you find that weird?

    If you don't want a Byzantine discussion then don't write this "Batates"! You said "thank God that People are more educated now", but your posts make this a claim that needs more effort from you to prove.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Zeinobia

    Beleiving that you are a history addict, I thought you would be interested in this study:
    http://www-personal.umich.edu/~jrcole/bahai/2000/rida.htm
    It gives a clear picture of the circumstances of the Baha'i faith entry into Egypt. Most interesting is Sheikh Mohammed Abdu's opinion about the Baha'i Faith.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Egyptian Baha'i
    Are you sure about ET coz I feel it doesn't address as Egyptians whether in English or any other language ??
    It speaks to a specific class of people and this is bad
    about this history you mention
    what do I surprise that there is no mentioning for it in biographies issued about Mohamed Abdo ??I notice that all the sources are mostly Baha'i
    Now about my plot thinking
    I am sorry don't you find it ethicaly wrong when you go and claim that you are from another faith and teach in Al-Azhar and hiding your true faith in order to spread it !!!!!!
    It seems to me like lying and deception !!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.