Tuesday, April 1, 2008

It seems that it is for real this time !!

On the calendar of the strikes in Egypt April 2008 will be a full monthn746295288_1045684_526 just like month of March , in fact it can be a historical month because not only we are going to have strikes in different fields like Medicine but we seem that we are going to the first real general strike in Egypt.

Oh yes ,it was announced last month , the idea was adopted by all the political opposition forces and activists from Kafya and MB. It was originally came as a solidarity move with the El-Mahalla textile workers who were planning for another strike on that day but it moved from a stand with workers rights to a stand against the terrible economic situations.

A stand against the rise in prices , this is what is called. Instead of going to Mahalla or protest in street ,you just stay at home as simple as this.

I remember last year the political activists tried to make the people join a strike they were arranging but it did not work yet this year it seems that it is going to work insh Allah ,in fact I think it will rock and it will be a historical one !!

Yes it will insh Allah because this time people will actually participate in it , non activist people who usually do not like to be involved with anything in politics are interested in it and  they are the ones who are calling other people to participate in the strike.

I got over 6 invitations in the facebook to join the Strike , 6 invitation from young people who are totally not interested in politics like me.

My aunt's friend's son  will not go to School on that day , in fact the school itself warned them that things can be ugly on that day and thus they better stay at home .

His mom; my aunt's friend is calling all her friends to stay at home because of the strike !!

The Universities students across Egypt agreed not to go too on that day.

The latest rise in prices are driving people to rebel and this good because this regime must taste its own poison.

The strike now is feared by the regime , they are ignoring it in public media but they are hinting to it as dangerous and  illegal indirectly ,already it is just one day , of course if it works it will be more than one day.

To be honest I did not think it will be like this but I am so happy.

Employees should not only stay at home , but also the drivers of the General transportation authorities from Buses and trains.

Unfortunately I do not know if I will be skip work on that day or not , I work in a private sector company, I will wait and see . Already it will be  a good chance because I work in Mohendessin to see the people's reaction there

2 comments:

  1. I wish I was there 2 c this. I think if it actually works it will be incredible. An entire nation shutting down 4 a day or most of a nation. Now that would be something spectacular to see.

    I think ur government is living in a BIG HUGE BUBBLE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my government is living in long time ago in a very far far away galaxy !!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.