Friday, November 7, 2008

Barack : Shut Up

I have just known a very disturbing Piece of information that BARACK in Swahili means "Blessed" which means by its turn in Arabic "Mubarak"
Already Swahili as far as I see it got too many words from Arabic language thanks to Islam and the Arab traders.
Anyhow now Barack Obama is Mubarak Obama !! Did not I tell you that it is disturbing !!??
Anyhow it is only Obama's first name that is Barack , there is also Ehud Barack in Israel !!
I think that the next move of Gamal Mubarak to make people like him is to call himself Gamal Barack !!

4 comments:

  1. At 11:00pm, two nights ago and while all the tv channels were announcing that Obama is the 44th president of the USA, a news anchor said that "Barak" means "blessed" in Kenya. The Arabic translation of the word; which is Mubarak, immediately popped up on my mind. My surprise was gone after I googled the languages in Kenya and found out that Swahili is among them as I'm aware that Swahili has numerous Arabic words. The name Ehud Barak also came to my mind at that time, but since the Arabs and Jews languages both came from "Aramaic", I wasn't surprised after all. Looks like the word "Mubarak" has its own charm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, Barak in Arabic means blessed too...
    Baaraka Allahu fika: God has blessed you! So barack (omitting the last letter, since we always omit the last vowel in Arabic) would still mean blssed (the past form of the verb to bless, which is the infinitive form in Arabic)

    ReplyDelete
  3. actually barak in hebrew means lightening but baruch in hebrew means blessed :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Hina wa Hinak
    It is blessed word

    @Zainabsr ,
    this is true , it is from the verb itself

    @anonymous,
    thanks for the correction , I did not know that still you can't help thinking in those three names when they mention it on TV

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for your comment
Please keep it civilized here, racist and hateful comments are not accepted
The Comments in this blog with exclusion of the blog's owner does not represent the views of the blog's owner.